Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bamo.


As you know I have been reading Uprising by Erwin McManus. It’s awesome. I’m towards the end of the book now, but one of the major things that have stuck out to me was his view on faithfulness. He said, “There are moments when our greatest act of faith is to remain faithful. There will be times where no lever of faith will change our circumstance. Faith is not always a way out of crisis. I am convinced it rarely is.” Then he goes on to say, “Faith gives us the strength and confidence to see every challenge and crisis through to the end.”

I love this! Wow. Seriously though, faith is just a confidence in God that results in faithfulness. It is simple. It doesn’t solve our problems but it gives us the perseverance to keep walking though to the end-and then gain wisdom. When Jesus calls us to be faithful-and to even do great things-we are blessed when we don’t fall away from him- but continue to follow closely at His side.

No comments:

Post a Comment