Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Serve

With Servolution coming up I have been thinking a lot about serving, and the different ways to serve. Now I’m finally starting to come to terms with the calling of service. Serving should be my mindset all of the time. Not just the few times a year that I get to be a part of a group of people who are making a point to serve others in need, but everyday, 24-7.

If I want to be great I must serve. Serving must be my life. Sold out to Christ, who calls me to put others before myself completely. Jesus says, “Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to be first must be our slave- just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life random for many” (Matthew 20:26-27).

This is crazy for me to think about. Earlier in this passage, the mother of Zebedee was faced with a decision, and Jesus asked, “Is this what you want?” In order to be completely sold out to Jesus, we have to decide that we are going to be great in the Lords presence we have to simply serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment