Sunday, February 28, 2010

Learning to fail

I recently read an article called Failing Forward, by Mark Batterson. It really challenged me. Right off the bat he says, “If we allow our failures to define us, they can ruin us. But failure handled properly is the best thing that can happen.” Anytime that I have “failed” at something I have always gotten really discouraged. But it wasn’t until I read this article that I asked myself a series of questions: Did God plan on my failure? Or did my inexperience cause me to fail? What was the purpose of this failure and what do I need to do to avoid the same outcome?

I want to make the most of every situation, and lesson. So in order to make the most of every situation, I have to ask myself these questions and constantly evaluate my life. I also have to get to the point of my life where I am more afraid of missing opportunities of “teachable moments” than making mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment