Sunday, April 11, 2010

Galatians 2:20

The past six weeks has been incredible. God has stretched me in ways that I cannot explain to the fullest extent. I just finished the book The Hole in Our Gospel, and it shifted my view on several things.

God has been taking me on this tour of questions:

What does God expect of me?

How can I love Gods people if I don’t really LOVE God with all of my heart, mind, and soul?

Am I serious about the call of God in my life?

Am I open and willing for God to have his way in me?

Do I really live out Galatians 2:20?

All of these questions really come down to one thought for me. If I am serious about the call of God on my life, and open and willing for him to have his way in me then I cannot question whether or not I am living Galatians 2:20.

I am not entitled to this life (my way) but I am entrusted with it. God expects us to use the life that he has given us in the interest of his kingdom.

This “life” doesn’t just mean our everyday decisions but this goes right along with how we spend our money, how we use our talents or giftings, what we do with our thoughts, attitudes, whether or not we are prideful, or generous…it all comes down to the knowledge that we are not our own. We belong to God.

“We don’t have a soul, we are a soul and have a body.” –C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! WELL SAID!!!!! I HAVE STARTED READING A HOLE IN OUR GOSPEL, and DUDE!!! I'M ONLY ON CHAPTER 2 AND IT'S BEEN AWESOME SO FAR!!! THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THE BOOK!!! :)

    ReplyDelete