Saturday, April 3, 2010

SERVOLUTION 2010




This whole week has been amazing, busy, but amazing. I absolutely loved serving the community. We served at the Rescue Mission, painting rooms and serving meals. We had the privilege of receiving donated Avalon bread, we handed it out at Wayne state, and the Mid-Town area. It was so awesome to see the faces of people when we told them that the bread was free, and that there was no catch to receiving the bread. On Saturday we had a chance to serving the community in a few local parks. Today was super fun. We were volunteering at the park for their annual Easter weekend celebration. I ran a couple games, and had the best conversations with a ton of kids.

I have learned a lot this week. One thing that I have noticed myself doing is not looking happy while serving. So it was a stretch to keep that in mind, and to constantly remember to look happy. It’s not that I don’t love serving but sometimes I zone out, or the opposite, concentrate too hard on what I’m doing and not the people that I’m ministering to. That was huge for me. I think because of it I had way more fun, and was able to keep in mind what we were really serving for. It was all for his glory, and to show the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment