Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Opportunities

I have been studying the South Asian culture, and I just finished a research paper on it. For my paper I interviewed a few different people that either have lived in a south Asian country, or have family from there.

One of the people I interviewed was really unexpected. When I spoke with her I didn’t even intend to use anything we talked about for my paper. I was walking down Joseph Campu to CVS to get some photos printed, this girl was standing by the bus stop, I felt inclined to speak to her, so I did.

She told me her name was Fatima Chowdhury. I know a few people with that same last name so I asked her where she was from. She told me Bangladesh. So then we talked about the research paper that I was doing on South Asia. One thing led to another and she told me all about her life; her dreams, family, values, beliefs, and what she does in her free time.

Towards the end of the conversation I was able to tell her about myself. I told her about where I used to live, my family, what I value, my beliefs, and who I live my life for, Jesus. That was one thing that she didn’t mention. She had no sense of purpose in her life. I am so thankful for that opportunity. I was able to ask her for things that I could be praying for her about, she was more than willing to tell me.
I hope that one day we will meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment