Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Be creative

Through out the week the students and I memorize seven scriptures a week and get tested on them every Friday. By the end of the year we will know hundreds. It’s crazy, but it’s our life. We have been in the program for two solid months plus a couple days. As of right now we probably have memorized, at one point or another, 60 to 65 scriptures.

I would have never thought that I could memorize all that I have so far. I found myself the past few weeks, except this past week, really struggling to keep all of the different scriptures in order. I keep getting the books, chapter, and verse numbers all mixed up. It felt like I couldn’t fit anything more into my brain.
This past week was different. I pushed myself further than I thought I could go. I realized that once you get to a certain point of no return. It’s reminds me running, at one point you get a second wind.

God has really been working on my heart the past few days about how I needed to give my all. I needed to really do my best for God. I wanted all of God but wasn’t willing to give him my all in return. It was selfish, and prideful. I thought I could do it all on my own.

So if any of you have any creative suggestions to memorizing scripture and keeping it all organized, let me know. I can use all of the help I can get. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment