Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Delusional Conversations Due to Turkey, Love and Giving Thanks



Thanksgiving has always been a big thing with my family whether it consists of way too much food, or way to much arguing it’s always a big day. It wasn’t until this past Thanksgiving that I realized that my family didn’t see the fourth Thursday of November as big as Freddie’s family did.

It was a Thanksgiving of firsts. For the first time in my entire life I sat at the table with somewhere around 16-24 people that I was not related to. It was also my first Thanksgiving away from home.

It was so much fun. Freddie and her husband Mo invited me to stay with them over the few days that we were on break. I had a few opportunities; in between all of the moments of running around, to take a second or two to step back, absorb and relax. But in the moments of going place to place I was able to be a part of the dinner table. I was able to be a part of all the laughter from delusional conversations after eating too much turkey, love, and good memories.

I am so thankful for the willingness of Freddie, Mo, and their family of letting me be a part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment