Thursday, December 17, 2009

God's peace is addicting.


It’s pretty crazy the way that Jesus has radically changed my heart. It’s totally on the other end of the spectrum. Most of everything is different my perspectives, my motives, my study time, and my prayer time. I can feel the Holy Spirit leading me like a puppet. Even though that is the life I should have been living I wasn’t. My life from September is the not same.

One of the main reasons why my life is so different is because I’m spending way more time in the presence of God than I have in a really long time. Prayer is the huge reason why I even came here in the first place and is the one of the main reasons how God continues to push me harder.

My prayer time has significantly increased since September. Not because it’s strongly encouraged, but because it’s become an addiction for me. Philippians 4:6-7 really had a huge part in this addiction. Paul says, “Don’t fret or worry, instead pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good will come and settles you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” When I read this I took it seriously. Why should I let anything or anyone have the center of my focus? I don’t know how I even let that happen, because God’s wholeness and peace in my heart is addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment