Friday, November 20, 2009

“God is not interested in our perfection, but in our direction.”



The past few Wednesdays at Total Forgiveness, God has been working in my heart so many different ways. This past week we talked about Matthew 6:9-15, “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
The Message, 1 Timothy 3:16-17, says, “Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another-showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God’s way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.”

I believe that the Word of God is totally and completely true, it teaches us by exposing our sinful nature, and God delivers us through it! If I believe 1 Timothy 3:16-17, I am saying that I cannot leave any part of Gods word out. It is all meant to teach us, and bring us closer to God.

When I look at v. 14 and 15 I read, “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”

I have been ignoring verse 15. How did I do that? I expected God to forgive me for horribly wrong things but then when it comes to me forgiving others I found myself holding a grudge against people for the small things.

Pastor Tj mentioned that, “If we are being ministers of division, we are not ministers of Jesus.” I have to live and breathe forgiveness.

God has really been working in my heart. I know that because I found it hard and impossible to forgive myself, and others around me God couldn’t forgive me. Now that I am letting go of all of that and embracing forgiveness, I have been forgiven.

“God is not interested in our perfection, but in our direction.” –Pastor Tj

2 Corinthians 5:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment