Friday, November 13, 2009

procrastination, myself and I


About a million times a day literally, I find myself in the wonderful world of procrastination. Procrastination is boldly hidden in the middle of going to and from different events throughout the day, and assignments, during down time, free time and every second I realize that I am no where close to finishing the “To Do List” that I had set out to make. I am a recovering procrastinator.

Today while I was procrastinating from doing my weekly paper, I was reading How to Overcome Procrastination. One of the main topics that were absolutely huge for me was the concept of focusing on starting the task instead of getting overwhelmed by the idea of finishing it. The main idea behind all of this is that when we focus on all of the time that is going into finishing the task we get overwhelmed. It says, “Don’t focus on the finish line. Bring your focus from the future to what can be done right now.”

So when it comes to homework, a project around the house, or just your daily to do list, just focus on the beginning and work your way to the end.




Photo by: Andross

No comments:

Post a Comment