Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sleep, Snooze and Repeat?



I will admit it, four out of seven mornings I will throw my alarm clock back up on the shelf that it sits after it goes off and sleep for another 5-10 more minutes. Most mornings it’s only a few minutes, but when I think about it, the time adds up. For the past month I have probably wasted hours.

Instead of having the snooze button in arms reach (which isn’t that far for my short arms), and staying in the glorious bed, I need to force myself to get out of the bed to turn it off. Instead of trying to get more sleep in the mornings, I am going to force myself to go to sleep earlier to get at least six or seven hours of sleep.

It’s going to take commitment. It’s going to be hard, but how do we expect to grow in the big things if we can’t do simple (that seem hard) tasks like getting out of bed?


If I make myself punctual at the beginning of my day I can see it through to the rest of my day as well. ☺ :)

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! We all get in those moods, though. I completely understand. What worked for me is putting the alarm clock across the room, or even in my closet, so I'd have to physically get up and out to snooze or turn it off, and once you're up, who wants to get back in bed?

    ReplyDelete