Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's like I'm walking in a series of different sized circles.


It seems like everywhere I turn I run into the idea of getting out of the routine. It’s everywhere, in teachings, conversations with different people, prayer, and devotions. It’s everywhere! This is a subject that Jesus has really working on my heart for a good and long while.

Routines are down right wrong, after a while you can sleep through what you’re doing because you know exactly how the story goes. I don’t want to be one of those people who are in ministry, I want to live ministry and I want to live like Jesus. The only way that’s going to happen is if I get myself out of this routine of doing things. Prayer at 9am has already started to become a routine for me. I noticed this morning when I started to do what I did yesterday, and the day before. How can I listen for God to speak if I’m focused on how I did things yesterday?

Jesus doesn’t want us to walk in circles. He wants us to be moved forward and the only way for that to happen is if we get out of the routine and let him move us.

1 comment:

  1. HEY APRIL!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOGS....EVERY SINGLE ONE IS AWESOME AND FULL OF GOODNESS!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! I just made my own blog on this site thing.... :) I really don't know what I'm doing...but here goes....oh yeah my blog thing is http://life2ministry.blogspot.com/2009/11/life.html check it out when you get some time!!!! I HEART YOU DEARLY BESTIE!!!!!!!!!!!! :) PEACE!!!

    ReplyDelete